Pores are actually needed to sweat and oil on the surface of the skin. In healthy skin, the skin pores will not be so visible. In contrast to clogged pores which can visibly appear visibly.
Pores that look big, especially on the face, tend to make a person less confident. There are several ways to shrink pores that can be tried so that the facial skin looks more beautiful naturally.
If possible, use natural makeup cleansers as a way to safely peel the skin. Be careful with chemicals in various facial cleansing products can actually make the skin dry. Even the foam and aroma in the cleanser can actually cause skin inflammation. Next wash your face with warm water, not hot water. Finally, dry your face by patting a soft towel. Rubbing a towel can actually damage the skin, especially on sensitive skin. Finish using moisturizers to prevent dryness of the skin, while reducing pores.
Exfoliant is a product of exfoliating dead skin cells from the surface of the skin and oil that closes the pores. One natural exfoliator is a natural scrub made from a blend of green tea, honey and refined sugar. Other exfoliating products in the form of creams, gels, and skin cleansers that are equipped with small granules to peel the skin can also be purchased freely. Follow the rules of use listed on the product you are using. Don’t forget to end the treatment using a moisturizer.
Apply a clay mask after cleansing. Try applying first to a limited area to see the reaction. If there is no negative reaction, continue to rub on the entire face. Focus on the part of the pores that looks big. Leave for at least 15 minutes or during the time printed on the packaging. Wash your face with warm water and dry it by patting the towel on the face.
The mask acts as a way to shrink the pores by removing dirt from the pore and reducing inflammation of the skin so as to make pores appear smaller. Besides clay masks, you can also use homemade natural masks made from yogurt.
Disguise pores with makeup
After cleaning, basting your face with a moisturizer to prevent irritation and inflammation that risks causing pores to appear large. Apply a moisturizer with color to the skin. Use concealer to disguise your pores more perfectly. Make sure to clean makeup at the end of the day so that makeup doesn’t risk clogging pores.
Other Ways to Shrink Pores
In addition to using the ingredients that you apply to the face as described above, here are other ways you can do to support efforts to reduce facial pores:
- Wash your face with cold water after rinsing with warm water.
- Consume enough drinking water to prevent dry skin.
- Limit the use of blackheads because it can cause pores to appear enlarged.
- Avoid applying scrubs too often.
- Use sunscreen every day with a minimum SPF of 30.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight risks making the skin more rough and making the pores appear larger. In addition, wear a hat and sunglasses while on the move outside the home.
- Selectively choose skin care products. As much as possible choose products with noncomedogenic labels which means it will not clog pores. Products that contain lavender or rosemary can reduce pore enlargement. While products containing magnesium and zinc can help cleanse pores and maintain oil balance in the skin.
- Discipline to keep skin clean. Regular cleansing of facial skin can help prevent pore blockage so that oil deposits are not covered. Also use exfoliate products at least once every 2-3 weeks.
- Eating lots of unhealthy foods, such as the habit of enjoying a snack of chips, candy, cakes that are high in fat can increase the risk of pore blockage. Instead, consume more vegetables and fruit.
- Wash hands before cleaning and applying any material to the face.
If you have enough budget, the dermatologist can provide services on how to shrink pores with micro dermabrasion to remove dead skin layers.
But if not, focusing on the initial steps of implementing a healthy lifestyle will help shrink pores.